- Fleshy medium/large sized mushroom.
- Dark grey coloured mushroom, that lightens mildly when temperatures rise.
- Very productive.
- Quick incubation.
- It yields a crop in approximately 16–18 days, depending on the temperature and the kind of compost.
- Temperature should not be allowed to rise for long periods over 30ºC during the INCUBATION period.
- Sudden temperature changes should be avoided during the incubation period to prevent condensation in the substrate, that can cause bacteria problems.
- Once the incubation period is ended, the temperature should be lowered slowly.
- When PINHEADS start to be visible through the packs’ holes, ventilation intensity can be raised.
- It develops easily in room temperatures between 15 and 19ºC.
- During the GROWING PERIOD, relative air humidity should be kept between 80 and 84%.
- CO2 levels should be kept as low as possible, maintaining the rest of the parameters.
- Fruiting bodies should be harvested once the mushroom’s edge is straight and before it starts to break.
- A mild and constant ventilation should be provided.
It is a very good quality mushroom for selling on a tray, or in bulk.
Recommended Croping Season
Spring and autumn, avoiding periods of extreme temperatures.