Due to the deep social commitment that stems from its cooperative nature, GURELAN has devoted a part of its resources to social development and cooperation projects in different countries of Latin America and Africa in the last decade. GURELAN has supported different projects through organizations such as NGOs Mugarik Gabe, The Daughters of St.Joseph, Medicus Mundi and Redemptorist Brothers:
- Empowerment of indigenous women in Mexico and Guatemala.
- Extension of health care in the Republic of Congo and Ivory Coast.
- Improving access to water in Peru and the Ivory Coast.
- Promotion of cooperative producer organizations in Cuba, Guatemala and Ivory Coast.
- Support for the reorganization of indigenous families in Bolivia.
- Collaboration in infrastructure construction in Guatemala.
GURELAN is currently working in Rwanda with a local company KIGALI FARMS in an important project for the development of the cultivation of mushroom. It is building a spawn lab that will turn into a spawn mushroom compost production plant.