- Medium/large sized fleshy mushroom (6–13cm).
- Very dark coloured almost black, it gets darker with low temperatures.
- Flat and excentric cap.
- Very productive.
- Quick incubation and pinheading.
- Easy pinheading under 14ºC.
- High resistance to low temperatures.
- Temperature should not be allowed to rise for long periods over 30ºC during the INCUBATION period.
- Sudden temperature changes should be avoided during the incubation period to prevent condensation in the substrate.
- Once the incubation period is ended, the temperature should be lowered slowly.
- When pinheads start to be visible in the packs’ holes, ventilation intensity can be raised.
- During the GROWING PERIOD, relative air humidity should be kept between 82 and 87%.
- CO2 levels should be kept as low as possible, maintaining the rest of the parameters.
- Fruiting bodies should be harvested once the mushroom’s edge is straight and before it starts to break.
It is a very versatile mushroom. Depending on the number of fruiting bodies a mushroom for unpackaged selling can be collected or for packaged selling, as it is very attractive on the stalls due to its shape.
Recomended Croping Season
From October to February.