- Medium/large sized fleshy mushroom.
- Grey coloured with darker streaks.
- Very productive.
- Quick incubation.
- Easy to adapt to any sort of compost.
- Easy pinhaeding.
- Resistent to diseases.
- Temperature should not be allowed to rise for long periods over 30ºC during the INCUBATION period.
- Sudden temperature changes should be avoided during the incubation period to prevent condensation in the substrate, that can cause bacteria problems.
- Once the incubation period is ended, the temperature should be lowered slowly.
- When PINHEADS start to be visible through the packs’ holes, ventilation intensity can be raised.
- It develops easily in room temperatures between 16 and 20ºC.
- During the GROWING PERIOD, relative air humidity should be kept between 83 and 87%.
- CO2 levels should be kept as low as possible, maintaining the rest of the parameters.
- Fruiting bodies should be harvested once the mushroom’s edge is straight and before it starts to break.
- A mild and constant ventilation should be provided.
It is a very good quality mushroom for selling in bulk. Sometimes, with lack of ventilation, it develops an excessive stalk so the waste while cutting them is greater.
Recomended Croping Season
It is usually grown when there is a change of season, when the difference between day and night temperatures can cause problems in other varieties.